Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2017: A Year of Writing



Its that time of year, the time of looking back and making New Year's Resolutions. I see people critique and rate their top 10 of 2016 on anything. I am one of them. This post was going to be about my top 10 favorite everything. I can't believe I have read that MANY books, and seen COUNTLESS movies, and read boring web pages. I am like a never ending millennium consumer. .
:(

I like things, favorite, bookmark, highlight, and poke at my phone all day long. Things have to change this year. That's why I won't read any books, instead work on writing, not only in english but in Chinese and French.

It must have started as a challenger I read somewhere. I either started writing from when I had joined a writers club, or started a challenge to write 200 words a day (which was tough). Here it goes, as I flush through the last chapter of my books, and ponder my last audio-books of 2016. 2017 will be quiet without the notes from other books, instead filled with writer's block and never ending challenger.I should probably invest in a good keyboard (OR A TYPEWRITER!?!)

My goal as a writer? One might ask what keeps a writer, keep writing. Its a little bit of everything, its the unknowing, the knowing, the motive, the fans, the second life they create. To me, I have a photo of my favorite authors signing their books with a big smile. Its the smile they share with others, the real person people like, and the stories they tell their fans.

Sign your name below if you want to take this challenge with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment